HEIDELBERG SPECTRALIS FA-OCT
You are here
Spectralis FA-OCT: is a combination of Spectralis OCT Plus with the additional Red-Free, BluePeak™, and FA modules.
The SPECTRALIS FA-OCT features SD-OCT imaging with Heidelberg’s unique TruTrack™ active eye tracking and simultaneous dual-beam imaging technologies to allow imaging with enhanced anatomical details, 1 micron measurable change and automatic rescan at follow-up which automatically places follow-up scans in precisely the same location, bypassing operator variability.
The confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscope (cSLO) technology enhances fluorescein angiography (FA) in two key ways. First, a precise laser wavelength generates the peak emission of light from fluorescein dye, increasing the signal-to-noise ratio. Secondly, confocal technology blocks out-of-focus and scattered light. The results are dramatic. SPECTRALIS® video FA provides clear, detailed images of the capillary bed in real-time and can reveal leakage that may be missed with static FA.
BluePeak™ Laser Autofluorescence imaging takes advantage of the natural fluorescent properties of lipofuscin. BluePeak™ autofluorescence captures fundus autofluorescence (FAF) images, providing both structural and metabolic information about the retina.
SPECTRALIS FA-OCT also includes Heidelberg’s RNFL and Posterior Pole Asymmetry Analysis for glaucoma diagnosis. These analysis reports are enhanced by the exceptional repeatability of the SPECTRALIS FA-OCT so changes as small as 1 micron can be identified and glaucoma can be confidently diagnosed and managed.
Like all SPECTRALIS models, the SPECTRALIS FA-OCT features an upgradable, modular design: allowing configuration of each SPECTRALIS to the specific diagnostic workflow in the practice or clinic. Upgrade options include MultiColor™, widefield, ultra-widefield, ICGA and anterior segment imaging.Body:
Sign up for our mailing list to receive promotions, event notifications, as well as our digital newsletter.
Based on exclusive core technologies:
- TruTrack Active Eye Tracking: simultaneously images the eye with two beams of light. One beam captures an image of the retina and maps over 1,000 points to track eye movement. Using the mapped image as a reference, the second beam is directed to the desired location despite blinks or saccadic eye movements.
- Heidelberg Noise Reduction: combines multiple images captured in the same location, filters out random speckle noise, and retains only data common to the entire set of images. This process retains data reflected from physical structures while mitigating image noise, producing higher quality images with finer detail.
- Confocal Scanning Laser Ophthalmoscopy (cSLO): uses laser light instead of a bright flash of white light to illuminate the retina. The result is a sharp, high contrast image of the object layer located at the focal plane.
- High Resolution Angiography Imaging: Exceptional detail is obtained by the SPECTRALIS HRA’s cSLO imaging device.
- High Speed Angiographies: SPECTRALIS HRA’s cSLO technology is not limited like the flash imaging technology so multiple images can be acquired within a second. This allows movies to be acquired where each frame is a full resolution image.
- Autocomposite Imaging: The SPECTRALIS HRA’s panning head and live composite imaging allows expansion of the field easily for any technician.
- AutoRescan: automatically places follow-up scans in precisely the same location as the baseline scan.
- FoDi™ fovea-to-disc alignment: a unique alignment technology that automatically tracks and anatomically aligns circle scans to the patients anatomy to improve accuracy and reproducibility of RNFL measurements.
- Multi-modality Imaging Upgrades Available: ICGA, MultiColour Imaging, Anterior Segment, Widefield and Ultra-Widefield imaging modules are available.
Request a Quote